Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tubby Lil' Cubby All Stuffed with Fluff


I saw Winnie the Pooh this weekend, instead of a certain movie about a wizard. I am so happy with my choice. I brought along my original Eeyore stuffed animal, because it wasn't awkward enough to be the only adult without a child in the theatre. One woman even asked if I was there to see Winnie (I guess she thought either she or I were in the wrong theatre). 

I have been a Pooh and Eeyore fan since birth (the Eeyore that accompanied me was the very first stuffed animal that I ever had), and this movie did not disappoint. First, the animation was gorgeous. I  prefer hand drawn to computer animation. Winnie the Pooh made you feel like you fell into a storybook. The backgrounds were rich and looked like paintings. The characters were the ones you grew up with not the weird Super Sleuths versions. I especially loved the animation in the Backson song sequence. The chalk characters were the cutest. 

My one problem with the movie was the soundtrack. I disliked the sound of Zooey Deschanel voice in the songs. I think they could've done a better job with the female vocals. Other than that, the songs were memorable and fun. Very Winnie the Pooh. Especially the Backson song. I have to admit I have it in my iTunes now and I can't stop listening to it.

Whether you have a kid or are a kid at heart, whether you grew up with Winnie and friends or you didn't, you will enjoy this movie. You'll appreciate your friends more after and the world will be a happier place. Also you will suddenly want to hug every stuffed animal you see and eat honey. Just make sure you stay until the end of the credits!

Run time: 69 minutes
Preceded by The Ballad of Nessie


No comments:

Post a Comment