Monday, February 21, 2011

Top 5 Villain Songs

Disney music has always been a big part of my life. I listen to it all the time. From music from the movies to music from the parks. I have a good collection of Disney music. This is a list of some of my all time favorite Disney Villain songs. They are in no particular order.

Poor Unfortunate Souls (The Little Mermaid)

This song makes Ursula one of the best Villains. I would trade my voice for legs if someone sang this at me (it would be a pretty bad deal too, I already have legs but y'all knew that).


Be Prepared (The Lion King)

Sign me up for your uprising! Nice use of Vocabulary, Scar (Quid pro quo, etc). When I was little I thought it said "A shiny new earring is tiptoeing nearer" so I would sing it as such.

The World's Greatest Criminal Mind (The Great Mouse Detective)

Vincent Price has a set of pipes! Just don't call Ratigan a Rat or you'll be cat food too.

Hellfire (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)

This is one of the most emotionally charged Disney songs ever. It's dark, moody, and reveals so much about Frollo. I love the use of the Latin. This song is pushing it into the kid-unfriendly zone (some mature themes in this one) but for what they had to work with, Disney really made Victor Hugo's very R-rated classic as G as it could be.


The Mob Song (Beauty and the Beast)

Just try learning all the words to this song, it's harder than it seems. Some friends and I have made it our mission. The lyrics are amazing, complex, but fun and altogether very mob-y, allowing the Mob Song to narrowly beat "Friends on the Other Side" and "Mother Knows Best" from my Top 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment